Friday, March 25, 2016

True Life: I'm A Diabetic

Beautiful People, It's been WAY too long since I been with you last. I missed you all so so much. But it's been a little bit crazy on my side of life. But I'm here to let you guys in on something that I have been dealing with for the past year. This is probably the most personal blog post that  I've ever done in the three years that I had my blog.

My mother has been a diabetic for as long as I remember, I seen her take her insulin sometimes I would sometimes have to dial it up for her, I thought to myself, How in God's name does my mother do this day in and day out. I told myself, I will never get diabetes, At the time, I weigh  320 lbs, my highest weight ever. And I made a vow to myself that I will never get that big ever in my life again. I stop drinking soft drinks and started to drink water and eating fruits and vegetables and started to walk as my exercise and I loss almost a hundred pounds. That was a great moment for me and my self-esteem. In my mind, I thought that I was untouchable, diabetes was not even in my vocabulary. My teenage mindflame was so hard-headed back in that time.

I first noticed that something was wrong with me when I was a junior in High School, I played soccer and I had to wear cleats, my feet would hurt so bad, that I would take my shoes off in class and rest my aching feet on the metal bars so they would stop hurting. Sometimes they would even go numb Maybe it was my cleats I told myself, they were a size too small from what I usually wear. Then my hands started to have the same problem as my feet. I thought it would go away, but it didn't. In fact, It got a lot worst it even hurt when I had to write notes for school, I would have to stop writing and massage them to make them stop hurting. I dealt with this pain everyday throughout High School and even in through community college days, One day, I was waiting for my ride to come and pick me up I was in so much pain, I broke down in tears. The pain was just so unbearable so my mother found me some medicine for my pain  But that didn't seem to work either. I thought to myself, something has to be wrong with me. My initial thought was I had Arthritis all of the signs were there. So I told my mother about my self diagnosis, she looked at me and said Bre. I think that you might be a Diabetic. and everytime she told me that, I was in complete denial. I didn't want to believe it, I was in my teenage mindflame. But as time went on, My symptoms got a lot worst, my eyesight started to become blurry, my blood pressure would be high and low for periods of time. And I would eat and eat all of the bad food that diabetics are not suppose to eat. After years of resisting my mother's many requests of going to get my blood sugar checked, I finally decided to get to the problem of the many years of my pain and suffering.

On March 25, 2015. I went to the Doctor's office with my mother and my younger sister and waiting to be called in to see the doctor. I was so nervous to hear what was wrong with me. The nurse called me in, I got weigh, my blood pressure was checked, and all vitals were normal. I told the nurse all of the problems that I was experiencing. As she walked away and the Doctor came in, I immediately felt that something was going to impact my life in so many ways. So the nurse came back and prick my left index finger and a tiny drop of blood appear from my finger, and the meter read my blood glucose and it came back as 409. The nurse said, I think that you're diabetic, my heart sank and I went back to my teenage "I'm untouchable" phase again. As I was getting my blood taken, I was in denial , Even when I was waiting to get all my medicine and meter in our local drug store, I was in denial. and even after I got home, I was in complete and total denial. I thought that I was in a horrible dream that I would wake up from and I would be diabetes free. I woke the morning after and saw all of the medicine that I had to take, I realized that I was not untouchable, I was a diabetic and there was nothing I can do about it. My mother told me that I can still live and long and healthy life.

My new normal is going to give blood and urine samples to the hospital to see how the diabetes is doing with my kidneys and different parts of my body. Taking my medicine is not a chore, It's a necessity for me to live a semi normal life, Watching what I put in my body has been a struggle, I will admit to it, But I'm doing better. And checking my blood glucose is now my new normal I feel that I was given Diabetes to share with the world that just because I have this disease doesn't mean that I'm this weirdo. My body doesn't make enough Insulin. I promise that if you see me and want to give a hug you will not get my diabetes. I want this blog post to inspire my  beautiful people that it's okay to  have  diabetes. You can live out you dreams and be what you aspire to be,

I hope you enjoy this VERY long blog post (LOL) I love you all so so much. Until Next Time, Stay Beautiful.





My Social Media


I also have a e-mail address that goes with this blog, If you want to contact me for local fashion events, collaborations, or business ventures, My blog e-mail is LifeOfAFashionBlogger@yahoo.com Thanks again so much for reading this blog. 


I have a P.O. Box if you want to write me a letter or sent me some things, My P.O Box address is:

Breanne Peterson
Po Box 2786
Elizabethtown NC 28337

No comments: